Thursday, September 1, 2016

Empties: August 2016

I'm back with Empties reviews! Living in Japan these 2 months has led me to discover so many new products, and I would like to share my thoughts on them.

My beauty regime is currently made up of a mix of Western and Asian brands (Clarins, Shiseido, sukin, La Mer, etc) and though they are working well for me, some products are not readily available here in Japan and I will soon have to look for substitutes. Exciting (yay, new products!) and unnerving at the same time (what if I breakout???).

However, I am positive and looking forward to discovering new loves. This month will be a tiny Empties post:

MAYBELLINE Lasting Drama Gel Liner
CLARINS Multi-Active Skin Renewal Serum
CLARINS Extra-Firming Eye Complete Rejuvenating Cream (Travel)
KOBAYASHI Keshimin Lotion (Travel)

MAYBELLINE Lasting Drama Gel Liner (comes with a good quality brush) is an oldie but a goodie. Long lasting, super black black, smudge-proof and every bit as good as Bobbi Brown's Gel Liner but without the hefty price tag. I have oily lids and sensitive eyes, this gel liner checks all my boxes have repurchased and will continue doing so.

I've been using this CLARINS Serum for a few years now, I like this as it doesn't irritate my skin, is light and absorbs quickly. This serum was marketed as an anti-ageing for 25+ year olds who don't need intense treatments yet. However, this has been discontinued so you can't get it at the counters anymore (apparently Double Serum has taken over) but I do have a few backup tubes to last me until next year.

The CLARINS Extra-Firming Eye Cream was a gift with purchase, it contains 3ml of product which is great as the actual product is 15ml and you only need a grain size each use. Mine lasted for a whole month! This eye cream is good for sensitive eyes, contact lens wearers and absorbs well. Not bad, however I actually prefer the Super Restorative Total Eye Concentrate which is not for my age group BUT! it leaves my eye area soft and moisturized and I never had any problems with oil seeds.

I received the Keshimin Lotion as a gift with purchase of the Cream,  this is a Vitamin C medicated toner for melasma, freckles and dark spots. It also contains hyaluronic acid to moisturize whilst brightening the skin. I like it as it has no fragrance and is a slightly thick water-lotion but absorbs well. I could be mistaken but my skin looks brighter and no breakouts. Am thinking of purchasing the full size.

That's all for August!



No comments:

Post a Comment