Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Current Morning Skincare Routine


This line up is working really well for my dehydrated, acne-prone, sensitive, rosacea skin in the colder months- a little lengthy but they absorb well and don't need too much waiting in between.

My morning cleanser has to be really gentle and non-stripping nor drying, this has been a favourite for years- sukin Foaming Facial Cleanser. It has a very light foam which I took a while to get used to, but it cleanses well and I love the scent. I then prep my face with the La Mer The Treatment Lotion, also another favourite which I have used up a few bottles of. I only need 2 drops for the whole face which I pat in with my hands, so a bottle lasts a long time for me. I do feel a difference in my skin texture when I use it and when I don't, it is softer and more hydrated. 

The Scinic Honey All in One Ampoule comes next, this is a newcomer- I'm still undecided on it. Not quite sure how it's helping my skin but it hasn't broke me out and my skin seems to drink it in (others have reviewed it is a little sticky). I then tap on some eye cream, currently using a deluxe sample of SK-II RNA Power Eye Cream, it's decent, doesn't irritate my eye or cause milia and isn't oily at all. One pump of Cosrx Advanced Snail 96 Mucin goes on, which helps the Scinic absorb faster. Followed by a drop of the Hada Labo 3D Hyaluronic + Collagen + Retinol Lifting and Firming Lotion. This one feels a little tacky so I have to keep patting it in. My current serum is the Clarins Multi-Active Skin Renewal Serum which has been discontinued but worked well for me, contemplating the Double Serum next.

In winter I usually layer 2 moisturizers, I previously tried just using one heavier moisturizer but it broke me out so I just stuck to layering. My absolute favourite and skin-savior, The Saem Snail Soothing Gel (full review to come). In love with this product! It's a very light and cooling gel which my skin really likes, and then I top it off with the Clarins Multi-Active Day Cream.

Current lipcare in rotation is The Saem Eco Soul Lip Oil. My night routine is almost the same, except that I use a cleansing oil (if I have makeup on), followed by Innisfree Sea Salt Perfect Cleanser. And instead of the Multi-Active Day Cream, I have on the Multi-Active Night Cream

Come summer I would probably have to pull back on one or two products, will update again then.



No comments:

Post a Comment