Friday, January 13, 2017

Wonect Beauty Review: Lebel IAU Hair Mask

As someone with thick and super long hair (it's now at my waist), hair masks are a must to combat dryness, split ends and tangles. However, it's hard for me to find a suitable hair mask because if the formula is too heavy, it just weighs down my already heavy hair and makes my hair look limp and flat at the roots. If it's too light, it won't nourish my ends properly. #longhairproblems


Wonect included this Lebel IAU Hair Mask in January's box, and very timely too as I was at the last bits of my current one. From Lebel's website, it states that this hair mask is for rough and coloured hair (perfect for me!). It "promotes the preservation of colour brightness after dyeing, neutralizes the remnants of derivatives after chemical exposure, protects against UV rays and heat, and also prevents the absorption of foreign odours". Though it's targeted at coloured hair, I feel like anyone could use it because of the UV protection and also to prevent foreign odours from clinging to the hair. 


Ingredients include 12 kinds of plant derived oil, and has a dense lipid base. The packaging is sleek and the product is housed in a sturdy plastic tub. Upon opening it, I was greeted by a lovely scent.. it was rose but very "green" like cut grass, and fresh. I really like it as it isn't the traditional sweet old rose scent and it smells very clean and feminine.


The texture is a dense cream which isn't runny and I didn't need much to coat my ends evenly. I had it on for a few minutes and then rinsed it out. Some masks are a little slippery and take a while to rinse out but I had no problems with this one. After my hair dried, it was soft (no surprise here) but I also noticed that my hair was fluffier and had more volume. In winter I only shampoo every alternate day but even on day 2, my hair was still bouncy and without frizz! I didn't change anything in my routine so it had to be this mask. 

All in all, my hair definitely benefited from this mask- soft, smooth and bouncy. I can't vouch for the hair colour preserving benefits but it's a pretty good mask in general, checks all my boxes and smells so good too. Would recommend!



No comments:

Post a Comment