Friday, February 10, 2017

Review: Moist, Diane Oil in Body Milk (Chardonnay)

The first product I tried from this brand was the Extra Damage Repair Hair Mask which I loved and subsequently got my sister hooked onto it too. It was the best drugstore hair mask I used when I was living in Kuala Lumpur, lovely scent and left my long hair soft but not weighed down. Unfortunately they only carried the haircare line so I made it a point to check out their bodycare products when I travelled to Japan.


Now that I live in Japan, I'm spoilt for choice and have yet to repurchase that much loved Hair Mask! Mainly because there are so many choices here, and there are some really affordable options which I plan on checking out. I did however get my hands on some of the Moist, Diane bodycare products- one of which is the Oil in Body Milk, Chardonnay scented.


The formula contains a rich combination of 14 skin-friendly botanical oils with hydrating beauty ingredients. These include Virgin Argan Oil, Virgin Plum Oil, Rose Hip Oil, Marula Oil, Jojoba Seed Oil, Baobab Oil, Shea Butter, Rose Honey, Acerola Extract and Pearl Protein Extract amongst other beneficial oils. No artifical colouring, alcohol, silicon or animal-derivatives in here.


Despite the scent being named Chardonnay, it doesn't smell anything like wine, but more of a light muscat which I adore! It's so pleasing and soft. Even Y* comments how nice the fragrance is whenever I use it. I have been using this since last winter (I have another body lotion for warmer months) and am almost done. It's kept in the bathroom so I don't forget to slap some on after I take a bath.


What I like:
Love love love the scent! Also the light texture and how it absorbs well in the cooler and colder months. Moisturizes without any sticky or tacky feeling plus contains lots of great oils and ingredients. The sturdy textured plastic bottle allows me to keep it in the bathroom without worrying about it slipping when wet.

What I don't like:
I can't use this in summer at all, it just makes my skin sticky and slimy, but could just be me. The brand is a little iffy, the body milk is made in Japan but the shower oil is made in Vietnam. I feel like I have to check everytime before I buy from them now. It is also a little hard to find in drugstores, I got mine whilst visiting Hakata (Fukuoka) and have yet to see any whenever I pop by my local drugstore or even when I visit Tokyo. However, they do have links to online stores like Rakuten or Amazon Japan. 

Price:
A little less than ¥1,000 for 250ml

Repurchase?
Yes! When I get through my large box of bodycare products...


No comments:

Post a Comment